BT Infinity - VDSL Problems

Discussions for BiPAC 8200 series VDSL modem /router: 8200AXL, 8206AZ, 8200M, 8200N
Gazerd

BT Infinity - VDSL Problems

Post by Gazerd »

I'm currenty using firmware 1.06a (latest firmware as of now) but I'm having problems getting the 8200N to connect to BT Infinity using VDSL. Here's a couple of screenshots :

VDSL

Now, if I connect the BT Openreach Modem to Ethernet Port 4 on the 8200N and set it up as a EWAN connection (using the same connection settings as VDSL) it works perfectly.

EWAN

I don't mind using this set-up but I know the 8200N is capable of connecting without the need of an external modem. Is there anything else I need to do when setting up the VDSL connection?

This is the username and password I'm using to connect.

Username : bthomehub@btbroadband.com
Password : BT

EDIT :

Another problem I have is the wireless connection is slow.

Ethernet

Wireless

I know there would be some loss but not 25Mbit.
billion_fan

Re: BT Infinity - VDSL Problems

Post by billion_fan »

Did you setup the VLAN ID? (for a one box solution)

This should be in the quick start guide that came with the unit.
Gazerd

Post by Gazerd »

No, I didn't. After a search I found that the VLAN Tag for BT Infinity is 101. But I need some help with the settings :

It's asking me to select a LAN port. I don't understand which one I should tick or what WAN Tag setting I should choose.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's easy! You are nearly there. Just tick all 4 LAN and the WLAN and then select WAN TAG(NAT). Save you settings and you are done
Gazerd

Post by Gazerd »

Ok. Just tried that, I still get "No Response" from VDSL. I've gone back to EWAN for now. I have no idea what's wrong. Has anyone else been able to set BT Infinity up via the Billion 8200N?

Supposedly the modem needs DSLAM compatibility? (whatever that is)

Does the Billion 8200N support that?
Gazerd

Post by Gazerd »

So nobody has got the Billion 8200N to work with Infinity then?
simon194

Post by simon194 »

Gazerd wrote:So nobody has got the Billion 8200N to work with Infinity then?
One question, what modem did Open reach install, Huawei or ECI?

I had an ECI modem installed because the street cabinet has an ECI MSAN and I'm can't get the router to sync up.

Edit: What I should have said is "Are you connected to and ECI or Huawei cabinet?" because Openreach have been fitting Huawei modems to lines connected to ECI cabinets so using the modem as guide doesn't always work.
Gazerd

Post by Gazerd »

simon194 wrote:

I had an ECI modem installed because the street cabinet has an ECI MSAN and I'm can't get the router to sync up.

Edit: What I should have said is "Are you connected to and ECI or Huawei cabinet?" because Openreach have been fitting Huawei modems to lines connected to ECI cabinets so using the modem as guide doesn't always work.
They gave me a Huawei Modem. Is there any way I can still get this to work? (tried everything...)
simon194

Post by simon194 »

Gazerd wrote:
simon194 wrote:

They gave me a Huawei Modem. Is there any way I can still get this to work? (tried everything...)
That's odd because the 8200N apparently works OK on Huawei equipment unless they gave you a Huawei modem instead of an ECI one which does happen.

Do the street cabinets look like the ECI one in this link, http://www.robertos.me.uk/html/street_cabinets_etc.html? It's the only foolproof way to determine whether it Huawei or ECI gear being used.
Gazerd

Post by Gazerd »

Yep, it looks like its a ECI 128.

Is there anything I can do to connect without using the Huawei?