7800N Firmware 1.06h.dt2 resolves blank DHCP table issue

billion_fan

7800N Firmware 1.06h.dt2 resolves blank DHCP table issue

Post by billion_fan »

Attached

As usual don't forget to reset back to factory default settings and make sure you do not restore settings from previous firmware builds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pyriigoeth

Re: 7800N Firmware 1.06h.dt2 resolves blank DHCP table issue

Post by Pyriigoeth »

This Firmware has the old issue where you intermittently get "400 Bad Request" while using the web interface
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Pyriigoeth wrote:This Firmware has the old issue where you intermittently get "400 Bad Request" while using the web interface
I thought that issue only effected Firefox and has been resolved in the official firmware 1.06h.

Did you reset back to factory default settings after the firmware upgrade and then manually reconfigure the device again?
Pyriigoeth

Post by Pyriigoeth »

billion_fan wrote:
Pyriigoeth wrote:This Firmware has the old issue where you intermittently get "400 Bad Request" while using the web interface
I thought that issue only effected Firefox and has been resolved in the official firmware 1.06h.

Did you reset back to factory default settings after the firmware upgrade and then manually reconfigure the device again?
Yep, I only noticed the issue BECAUSE I was putting all my old settings back in again.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Pyriigoeth wrote:
billion_fan wrote:

Yep, I only noticed the issue BECAUSE I was putting all my old settings back in again.
I have justed the tested the firmware, and I don't see any 400 bad requests, I setup VPN, Virtual servers rules, changed the wireless SSID, added wireless security, and setup some fixed host rules then went through all options within the web gui and never once did I get a 400 bad request. The version of firefox that I was using was 23.0
Pyriigoeth

Post by Pyriigoeth »

I was using v22, but I have rarely found that firefox versions make a difference on the problem.

How are you accessing the router? What is your LAN setup like? Are you still using the 192.168.0.x subnet? I use 192.168.254.x

My Network Diagram: http://filestore.pixel-dragon.com/netdiag/ (alt img)
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Pyriigoeth wrote:I was using v22, but I have rarely found that firefox versions make a difference on the problem.

How are you accessing the router? What is your LAN setup like? Are you still using the 192.168.0.x subnet? I use 192.168.254.x

My Network Diagram: http://filestore.pixel-dragon.com/netdiag/ (alt img)

Has any other users on this forum had the same issue?? (Just checking as it seems the firmware has been downloaded 15 times and no one else has reported this old issue that was resolved in firmware 1.06h, which this new firmware is built off)

The routers subnet should not make a difference.

I was testing via LAN (direct conenction to the 7800N) I cannot replicate your network topylogy, but it should not make a difference,as the issue only effected Firefox, IE/Google chrome did not suffer from this issue (WEB IOT issue)
Pete-B

Post by Pete-B »

Have never seen "400 bad request".
Did a factory reset as part of the upgrade to 1.06h.dt2, used firefox 22.0 to upgrade now using 23.0.
Upgrade was carried out via LAN, now connected via wireless, subnet was altered from the default to 192.168.0.x
madhatter

Post by madhatter »

Had no problem with bad request. However i was altering some settings and clicked the restart button bottom right on the web interface. Then restart with "current settings". every time i have done this it wipes all settings back to defaults not current settings.

Also noticed that the daylight savings box is grayed out so you can't alter it. Shows 1 hour behind.
kmr1962

Post by kmr1962 »

madhatter wrote:Also noticed that the daylight savings box is grayed out so you can't alter it. Shows 1 hour behind.
What TimeZone do you have set
If you have "(GMT) Greenwich Mean Time" it is grayed out as that is a specific time and not a Timezone
If you set it to "(GMT) Dublin Edinburgh, Lisbon, London" It should not be grayed out as that is a specific Timezone/geopraphic location.

At least thats how it's working on mine.