Blank DHCP table

teaser

Re: Blank DHCP table

Post by teaser »

Thanks for taking the time to look into it :)

I guess it could be a bit tricky to replicate my home network, though...

One thing that's probably a bit unusual about it is that I'm using an old Linksys router as a hub for my TV and consoles, but that's been given a static IP outside of the DHCP range, so it shouldn't be causing any problems... (I'll probably replace it with a gigabit switch when money allows, but for now it does the job!)
Every other device on the network uses DHCP. If you want any more details about how the above has been set up, feel free to ask...
I also occasionally use virtual machines (via virtualbox) which use a bridged adapter, but I haven't noticed any correlation between this and the DHCP table going blank.

At this moment (after 2 days of uptime) the DHCP table is still fine, with 11 of the usual suspects showing up (NAS, TV, PC, laptops, android, iPhone, iPod and 2x blackberries + a playbook...)
teaser

Post by teaser »

Checked this morning and it was fine... Checked just now and it's blank;

System Up-Time 2 Day(s) 22 Hour(s)

If you can think of any telnet commands etc that would help diagnose this issue, don't be afraid to ask! :)
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

teaser wrote:Checked this morning and it was fine... Checked just now and it's blank;

If you can think of any telnet commands etc that would help diagnose this issue, don't be afraid to ask! :)

Hi teaser

I will report back after this weekend, as I had to restart my router last night as I saw a DHCP client name I did not recognise.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

teaser wrote:Checked this morning and it was fine... Checked just now and it's blank;

Hi teaser

I just checked my 7800N firmware 1.06g and my router has been up for 3 days 15 hours.

I have attached my DHCP table, it is still working and showing new DHCP leases.

I will leave my 7800N on, for another 6 days to see if I can replicate the issue :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
teaser

Post by teaser »

Cheers (a little envious of your sync rate btw!)

I'll have another look at this tonight to see if it's still showing the table since my last reset.

/edit
Still working fine after almost 4 days uptime
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
teaser

Post by teaser »

It was fine yesterday morning, but blank when I checked before going to bed (5 1/2 days uptime)
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

teaser wrote:It was fine yesterday morning, but blank when I checked before going to bed (5 1/2 days uptime)

I'll check my 7800N once I get home and post a update over the weekend (turned off remote access sorry)
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Hi teaser

Attached is my Status page and DHCP table, still working on mine after 8 days 16 hours.

The only difference I can currently see (from the two screen shots) is the DHCP lease time, mine was left on default.
teaser

Post by teaser »

The DHCP table went blank after about 3 1/2 days of uptime today. I'd had it set to 14 day leases, so decided to first of all give my 2 most important devices fixed IPs (via the 7800N rather than giving them static IPs), then change the lease time to 48 hours.

Before restarting the router I had another look at the DHCP table, and surprisingly it was showing up again!

I can probably drop the lease time down to 24 hours now, seeing as I only really need to know the IP of the 2 devices which are now fixed IPs, so hopefully that's the end of the problem! (if it happens again I'll try adjusting the lease time again and see if it corrects the issue)

So the issue is possibly due to the long(ish) lease times I used, or one of the devices which I have just assigned a fixed IP to... (a PC with a pretty standard intel gigabit ethernet adapter and a D-Link DNS 320 NAS)
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Hi guys

Another quick update.

DHCP Table still here after 21 days.

See attached status page and DHCP table page