Torrid Time

Kylie13

Torrid Time

Post by Kylie13 »

At the end of December I tried to upgrade to infinity but I am to far from the cabinet to get a usable(any) signal. It has taken 4 weeks to get my old asdl line reconnected(4 recollection dates!) and it is still faulty. However that is not tonight's problem. At one point today I lost networking throughout the house. My 7800n is connected to a switch which distributes everything through the house. Today I had to reset the billion back to factory settings and while I now have broadband access back (although the line is capped until an engineer visits on Saturday) I cannot get the billion to see the network. When I plug the Ethernet cable in the network light remains out. I checked the cable and all pins are connected correctly. As far as I can see I am not missing anything. Is there a setting within the billion which may have been reset that would cause the lack of connection to the switch? or any sugestions
billion_fan

Re: Torrid Time

Post by billion_fan »

Kylie13 wrote:At the end of December I tried to upgrade to infinity but I am to far from the cabinet to get a usable(any) signal. It has taken 4 weeks to get my old asdl line reconnected(4 recollection dates!) and it is still faulty. However that is not tonight's problem. At one point today I lost networking throughout the house. My 7800n is connected to a switch which distributes everything through the house. Today I had to reset the billion back to factory settings and while I now have broadband access back (although the line is capped until an engineer visits on Saturday) I cannot get the billion to see the network. When I plug the Ethernet cable in the network light remains out. I checked the cable and all pins are connected correctly. As far as I can see I am not missing anything. Is there a setting within the billion which may have been reset that would cause the lack of connection to the switch? or any sugestions
Issue is being discussed through support ticket