I keep getting.
400 Bad Request
No request found.
micro_httpd
when trying to change dns and when trying to look at different settings
pawhe955

Re: 400 Bad Request

Post by pawhe955 »

I have always managed my router through Firefox - and never had any issues until last week when, after a Firefox update (to v15.0), I started getting "400 Bad Request" errors when trying to view and change settings on my 7800N. However, having read multiple forum posts both here and at Whirlpool AU, where the advice was always to try accessing the router's GUI using IE (many people report issues using Chrome on Windows, apparently), I did this, and did not receive the error 400 at any point. Even managing the router via Chrome and Safari running on an iPad, I didn't see the error - but going back to Firefox on Windows, and the error returned.

I'd guess that the latest FF update has broken something - error 400 means the Web-Server thinks the request from the browser is malformed/corrupt - if you're not using IE, then perhaps give that a go to see if the error is consistent across browsers...??

Cheers,
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

pawhe955 wrote:I have always managed my router through Firefox - and never had any issues until last week when, after a Firefox update (to v15.0), I started getting "400 Bad Request" errors when trying to view and change settings on my 7800N. However, having read multiple forum posts both here and at Whirlpool AU, where the advice was always to try accessing the router's GUI using IE (many people report issues using Chrome on Windows, apparently), I did this, and did not receive the error 400 at any point. Even managing the router via Chrome and Safari running on an iPad, I didn't see the error - but going back to Firefox on Windows, and the error returned.

I'd guess that the latest FF update has broken something - error 400 means the Web-Server thinks the request from the browser is malformed/corrupt - if you're not using IE, then perhaps give that a go to see if the error is consistent across browsers...??

Cheers,

Try deleting stored passwords in Firefox
goatty2

Post by goatty2 »

thanks for the replies
passwords are disabled in firefox
this problem only started a few days ago so might be firefox 15
i have not used IE for years so will give it a try and see what happens
pawhe955

Post by pawhe955 »

billion_fan wrote:
Try deleting stored passwords in Firefox
I've deleted the one stored password for the router admin, and having restarted FF and re-entered the username/password, I'm still getting the error - but (as since last week) intermittently - that is, if I click on (for example) "Time Schedule", it might come up with "error 400" in the main frame, but click a second time, and the full list of the defined Time Schedules are displayed.... (same goes for, for example, trying to display the ARP table or DHCP table, under status....).

At the same time, Router admin continues to work fine using both IE and Chome.....

Cheers,
goatty2

Post by goatty2 »

dug out IE and did a factory reset of the router
set it up the way i wanted and worked with no problem.
hope they fix firefox as dont like using IE
another problem with firefox is i can not log onto my speedtest.net account but can with IE
not tried other accounts yet so what they done to firefox.

Thanks for the help
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

There seems to be some problem with FF15 with either Flashplayer or the Java emergency patches that have been released.

Reverting back to FF14 or uninstalling Java v7 and disabling any 1.7 Java Plug-ins and just using Java v6 Update 35 should resolve.

Regarding Java's update to v7 update 7, I'm not sure if this was too much of a rush job as holes were found in the first update ( 6 I think) and the general advice until Java get this sorted (possibly in the October updates (?) ), it has been advised just to use v6 update 35 and I've found that speedtest.net has always been a little fussy with Java v7.

The security threat doesn't affect Java v6 or any of the 1.6 plug-ins.
weldick

Post by weldick »

I'm using Waterfox 15.0 (64 bit W7) and having the same problem with config screens.
I opened up the config screens in IE 9 (64 bit) and everything was fine.
gdsmarshall

Post by gdsmarshall »

JFYI, I am using FF17.0.1 on Ubuntu connecting to version 1.06g of 7800 (not wireless) and get the same problem.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Can one of you try the firmware 1.06h to see if the same issue occurs with firefox.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=753