Port Forwarding for second pc /ip address problems

tomm45

Port Forwarding for second pc /ip address problems

Post by tomm45 »

Hi, i have recently added a new gaming rig to my network , i gave it a static ip as i don't have dhcp running on the router and my older pc has a static assigned also , My problem is when forwarding ports for one of the games i own, basically replicating the ports already forwarded and directed to the older pc, which are open, game works as intended, which i have done successfully in the routers GUI all ports entered and correctly point to the IP assigned manually to the new PC so should just work ??? except it doesn't

But in game connectivity especially incoming connections to the game hosted on the new pc , no one can connect to my game, but i can connect to others

So after doing several tests "Process of elimination " un-installing the Security suite,disabling windows firewall both made no difference So did some further checking using the port forward checking tool, this time using the older PC , i changed it's static IP to that which i had used for the new rig, and suddenly the ports where closed So there would appear to be some odd issue with the router not directing the ports forwarded to the other IP and the ip is in the same range only the last digit is different ie ip ending in 4 as opposed to 2 ect what can the problem be??? i have rebooted the router since inputting the ports to the new ip/pc
screenshot-192 168 1 254 2016-02-27 14-10-13.png
screenshot-192 168 1 254 2016-02-27 14-13-39.png

The 2 screen grabs show the ports duplicated for each pc, only the one that ends with .2 is working, also the tungle port works ,but is only directed at one IP Can you not foward the same ports to more than one ip? if so it's a big cop out
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.