Sky's New Sky Q Hub Router

Comedy79

Sky's New Sky Q Hub Router

Post by Comedy79 »

Hi,

Sky are in the process of "upgrading" me, so I will get the new Sky Q Hub which from their website suggests I don't need my OpenReach modem any longer?

I am hoping that like with their previous router offering that had the in-built modem, I can just use it as a modem and I can continue using my DXL as the router for the house?

Nothing else should effect using the DXL with their new offering, since it should be more than capable of handling the new speed of 60/20 right?

Cheers

David
billion_fan

Re: Sky's New Sky Q Hub Router

Post by billion_fan »

Comedy79 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:17 pm Hi,

Sky are in the process of "upgrading" me, so I will get the new Sky Q Hub which from their website suggests I don't need my OpenReach modem any longer?

I am hoping that like with their previous router offering that had the in-built modem, I can just use it as a modem and I can continue using my DXL as the router for the house?

Nothing else should effect using the DXL with their new offering, since it should be more than capable of handling the new speed of 60/20 right?

Cheers

David
If you plan on using the 7800DXL as the router, then you need make sure the Sky Q hub can be set to modem only mode, then use the current setup with the 7800DXL (7800DXL EWAN >>> Sky Q Hub)
Comedy79

Post by Comedy79 »

Or perhaps just do what I am at the moment, ditch the Sky device completely and keep the Openreach modem and the DXL combination :D

Thanks for confirming the way to do it if I try the Sky device as the modem.

Cheers

David
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Comedy79 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:45 pm Or perhaps just do what I am at the moment, ditch the Sky device completely and keep the Openreach modem and the DXL combination :D

Thanks for confirming the way to do it if I try the Sky device as the modem.

Cheers

David
Yep either two methods should be fine (Sky Q hub Modem mode >>> 7800DXL or Openreach modem >> 7800DXL_)