BT Sport settings

dickybag

BT Sport settings

Post by dickybag »

I have purchased the 7800DXL as I have read I can use it without the BT router and still get bt sports 1 & 2. I have BT fibre to home and all is well except I can't config the 7800dxl to get the BT sports. I have rung the help desk but still no joy and it isnt open during the weekend :-(.
There is lots of advice on the other routers but I can't find the same settings can anyone help? Thank you in advance barry
tinytim

Re: BT Sport settings

Post by tinytim »

This link is for the 7800N but I think the process should be similar:- http://craigy.co.uk/2013/07/bt-vision-m ... pac-7800n/
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

tinytim wrote:This link is for the 7800N but I think the process should be similar:- http://craigy.co.uk/2013/07/bt-vision-m ... pac-7800n/
Yes all you need to do is add a ethernet bridge connection so you should have two WAN connections one PPPOE and one Bridge.
dickybag

Post by dickybag »

billion_fan wrote:
tinytim wrote:This link is for the 7800N but I think the process should be similar:- http://craigy.co.uk/2013/07/bt-vision-m ... pac-7800n/
Yes all you need to do is add a ethernet bridge connection so you should have two WAN connections one PPPOE and one Bridge.
Thank you excuse my ignorance but do you mean two cables?

Thanks tinytim I tried to follow but I hadn't had any success :-(

Thank you both.
tinytim

Post by tinytim »

dickybag wrote:
billion_fan wrote:

Thank you both.
No , we're just talking about 2 entries under the WAN setting within the Billion for the EWAN port. I know it might seem a little odd to have 2 profiles but it is really so simple as just adding the extra profile to the WAN setting for the EWAN port as shown in the link I provided.

When you set the Billion up initially you must have added a PPPoE profile against the EWAN port (or the ethernet port in use if this model doesn't have a separate EWAN port) so what you now do is exactly the same procedure as that but this time the protocol is Pure Bridge (or however it's defined for this model).
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

dickybag wrote:
billion_fan wrote:

Thank you both.

Please try the following steps.

1 Login to the router
2. Click on 'Configuration >> WAN >> WAN Service'
3. Click on 'Add'
4. Change the 'WAN Port' to 'Ethernet'
5. Chnage the 'Type to 'Bridging'
6. Click on 'Next'
7. Restart your Bt Vision box
8. Test your channels
dickybag

Post by dickybag »

Hi so I added the bridge as explained thanks unfortunately it still doesn't work :-(

On the other router 7800n it talks about adjusting the snooping where is this setting?

Above the navigation bar on the right, if the image says “Advanced” skip step 3.
Click the first link in the navigation bar that says “Advanced”
Click Configuration -> Advanced -> IGMP and enable both Snooping and Proxy.
Click Save
Under Configuration, click WAN -> WAN Profile
Enter the following settings (screenshot):
Profile Port: EWAN
Protocol: Pure Bridge
Click Add
Click Save Config then Restart (both at the bottom of the screen).
Now when the router comes back online, you should notice 2 WAN Profiles (screenshot), and your BT Vision (extra multicast channels) should work fine!
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

dickybag wrote:Hi so I added the bridge as explained thanks unfortunately it still doesn't work :-(

On the other router 7800n it talks about adjusting the snooping where is this setting?

Above the navigation bar on the right, if the image says “Advanced” skip step 3.
Click the first link in the navigation bar that says “Advanced”
Click Configuration -> Advanced -> IGMP and enable both Snooping and Proxy.
Click Save
Under Configuration, click WAN -> WAN Profile
Enter the following settings (screenshot):
Profile Port: EWAN
Protocol: Pure Bridge
Click Add
Click Save Config then Restart (both at the bottom of the screen).
Now when the router comes back online, you should notice 2 WAN Profiles (screenshot), and your BT Vision (extra multicast channels) should work fine!
From other customers comments, it should work, you can find the IGMP settings under 'Advanced Setup >> Multicast'

Also try plugging your BT router back up to your open reach modem and check to see if your Bt sports channels are working.
dickybag

Post by dickybag »

I am as dissapointed as you that the BT sport channels don't work :-(

Yes the channels work on the BT router and they worked on the Asus RT-N65U

I purchased your router because of the amazing reviews and the good reviews of customer support I would like someone at Billion to find out how to get the BT Sport working I spoke to the tech line and he said they would have to call head office. How do you get a help request officially recognised with Billion?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

dickybag wrote:I am as dissapointed as you that the BT sport channels don't work :-(

Yes the channels work on the BT router and they worked on the Asus RT-N65U

I purchased your router because of the amazing reviews and the good reviews of customer support I would like someone at Billion to find out how to get the BT Sport working I spoke to the tech line and he said they would have to call head office. How do you get a help request officially recognised with Billion?
Try enabling 'IGMP Multicast Proxy' within your WAN connection as shown in the attached screen shot

If you still have issues, please submit a ticket here http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... ets/Submit

Update, I just checked the BT forums and there are customers there that are using the Bipac 7800DXL and they confirm Bt sports channels work without any issue once the bridge interface has been added
http://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from ... 740/page/9 (post by zarf2007 and Red_Snow)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.