Sky Fibber HELP

Radiocrazy

Sky Fibber HELP

Post by Radiocrazy »

Hi can anyone run down the simplest method of connecting a BIPAC 7800DXL, using & a HG612 modem, I’ve already got access to the settings in the modem, I just need the settings within the modem, the sky box is a SR102, and the line goes live tomorrow, all I have for an interface on the SR102 is 3 pictures of setting the up.
I know I need to extract my username and password but have seen different was of doing this, one method was to put the Mac address of the router (sky) & the default wireless Password into an on line calculator which gives me the username and password but that seems to easy, also need the modem setting HELP PLEASE!!!
Peter
billion_fan

Re: Sky Fibber HELP

Post by billion_fan »

Radiocrazy wrote:Hi can anyone run down the simplest method of connecting a BIPAC 7800DXL, using & a HG612 modem, I’ve already got access to the settings in the modem, I just need the settings within the modem, the sky box is a SR102, and the line goes live tomorrow, all I have for an interface on the SR102 is 3 pictures of setting the up.
I know I need to extract my username and password but have seen different was of doing this, one method was to put the Mac address of the router (sky) & the default wireless Password into an on line calculator which gives me the username and password but that seems to easy, also need the modem setting HELP PLEASE!!!
Peter
You can find more info on the attached link

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/attachme ... -v2-1-.pdf
(this is a third party link and is no way affiliated with Billion)

Once you have extracted the username and password let me know, and I will give you instructions on how to setup your 7800DXL with Sky Fibre
Radiocrazy

Post by Radiocrazy »

billion_fan wrote:
Radiocrazy wrote:Hi can anyone run down the simplest method of connecting a BIPAC 7800DXL, using & a HG612 modem, I’ve already got access to the settings in the modem, I just need the settings within the modem, the sky box is a SR102, and the line goes live tomorrow, all I have for an interface on the SR102 is 3 pictures of setting the up.
Peter

Once you have extracted the username and password let me know, and I will give you instructions on how to setup your 7800DXL with Sky Fibre
Many thanks just down loaded the PDF,
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Radiocrazy wrote:
billion_fan wrote:
Peter

Many thanks just down loaded the PDF,

Keep me posted
Radiocrazy

Post by Radiocrazy »

Works a treat, many thanks take a pay raise. :D
Interesting thing, apparently a much simpler method but I have not tried it myself is to do the following:
1) Calculating your sky user-name and password

2) Go to Sky Broadband Password Calculator - pH-Mb

3) Select "Sagem f@st"

4) enter the Mac address from the sky routers status page (wan connection)

5) enter the sky routers default wireless key and click calculate

6) create the final key by adding the user-name and password together (user-name|password), you will end up with a key like 123456789012@skydsl|1234567890123456

Peter
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Radiocrazy wrote:Works a treat, many thanks take a pay raise. :D
Interesting thing, apparently a much simpler method but I have not tried it myself is to do the following:
1) Calculating your sky user-name and password

2) Go to Sky Broadband Password Calculator - pH-Mb

3) Select "Sagem f@st"

4) enter the Mac address from the sky routers status page (wan connection)

5) enter the sky routers default wireless key and click calculate

6) create the final key by adding the user-name and password together (user-name|password), you will end up with a key like 123456789012@skydsl|1234567890123456

Peter
Thanks Radiocrazy this should help more Sky users out
TMilles

Post by TMilles »

Hi,

I originally discovered the process set out below to identify your true Sky User name and Password for Skyfibre and posted it on the Sky user forum. It is by far the easiest method to do this which works 100% of the time and which has been successfully replicated by other Sky fibre users wanting to use their own 3rd party hardware.

With regards to your real sky username and password for Sky fibre you need to extract it from your new SKy Hub details. You cannot use any sky user name/ passwords you had from your old sky broadband service/ router hardware they will not work with the fibre service.

To identify your new fibre sky username and password do the following:

1. Go to Sky Broadband Password Calculator http://www.ph-mb.com/products/sky-calc

2. Select Sagem f@st as your router

3. Enter LAN MAC Address and default wireless key provided with your new Sky Fibre Hub in designated boxes

4. Click calculate button

5. For your sky fibre key add your username and password together divided by a "|" as in step 5 on previous router setup steps above.

In my experience using the Sky Broadband Password Calculator is the best way of identifying your real sky user name and password that work, I have tried directly extracting my sky user name and password via wireshark and importing the settings backup file into a text file, both of which failed to generate a working password.

To configure your 7800DX to work with the BTopenreach modem and Skyfibre service you then need to do the following:

1. Reset the router to factory default settings
2. Click on 'Configuration >> WAN >> WAN service'
3. Remove the 'pppoa0' interface which is used for ADSL
4. Click on the 'Add' button
5. Change the 'WAN' port to 'Ethernet'
6. Change the 'Type' to 'IP over Ethernet'
7. In the 'Option 61 Client ID' enter your skyusername and password with | in between the username and password
8. Click on 'Next'
9. Under 'Available Routed WAN Interfaces' you will see your new 'ipoe' connection, select it and click on the arrow pointing left (so this 'ipoe' connection should now be listed under 'Selected Default Gateway Interfaces'
10. Then click on 'Next' and that should be it.

I hope this will assist any future Billion users convering to Skyfibre to get it up and running.
Radiocrazy

Post by Radiocrazy »

Many thanks for confirming the above, it’s much appreciated.
I did manage to use wireshark but it is allot more involved, this is why I pasted the other instructions.
All the best Peter
2bagstew

Post by 2bagstew »

Hi,
Will this method work on other providers such as talktalk, Plusnet etc.
Thanks
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

2bagstew wrote:Hi,
Will this method work on other providers such as talktalk, Plusnet etc.
Thanks
Talktalk home fibre users, Virgin Fibre users

6. Change the 'Type' to 'IP over Ethernet'
7. Click on 'Next'
8. Under 'Available Routed WAN Interfaces' you will see your new 'ipoe' connection, select it and click on the arrow pointing left (so this 'ipoe' connection should now be listed under 'Selected Default Gateway Interfaces'
9. Then click on 'Next' and that should be it.

PlusNet , BT, talktalk business users Fibre connections

6. Change the 'Type' to PPPOE
7. Enter your username and password in sections provided
8. Click on 'Next'
9. Under 'Available Routed WAN Interfaces' you will see your new 'PPPOE' connection, select it and click on the arrow pointing left (so this 'PPPOE' connection should now be listed under 'Selected Default Gateway Interfaces'
10. Then click on 'Next' and that should be it.