Is my 8800NL V1, kaput?

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
magogman

Is my 8800NL V1, kaput?

Post by magogman »

Of late I cannot obtain wireless connection with the internet, and in the computer control panel connection is listed as unidentified. Nothing seems to cure the trouble.
When, however, I use the reserve ISP issue router, all works perfectly, but 10% lower sync.
Does the above suggest faulty kit, or is their something I can do to effect a solution? Please!
billion_fan

Re: Is my 8800NL V1, kaput?

Post by billion_fan »

magogman wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:29 pm Of late I cannot obtain wireless connection with the internet, and in the computer control panel connection is listed as unidentified. Nothing seems to cure the trouble.
When, however, I use the reserve ISP issue router, all works perfectly, but 10% lower sync.
Does the above suggest faulty kit, or is their something I can do to effect a solution? Please!
Try a firmware upgrade (attached) and once upgraded reset back to factory default settings, then reconfigure the device again to see if it helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
magogman

Post by magogman »

Thanks for the download.:) Sorry, I can't recall when last I had to flash anything, so have no idea how to proceed.
Doesn't my inability to connect make things difficult?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

magogman wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:59 pm Thanks for the download.:) Sorry, I can't recall when last I had to flash anything, so have no idea how to proceed.
Doesn't my inability to connect make things difficult?
If you are able to connect to the device via a wired connection you can try following the steps below to upgrade the firmware

(Please note you will need your broadband username and password to reconfigure the device again once upgraded)

1. Login to the router on http://192.168.1.254 with a wired PC
2. Use the default username 'admin' and password 'admin'
3. Click on 'Configuration >> System >> Firmware Upgrade'
4. Click on the 'Browse' button and select the firmware file I sent you
5. Select 'Factory Default Settings' and click on 'Upgrade'
6. Once upgraded, manually reconfigure the device again from scratch and see if wireless clients can connect to the internet