Network help please.

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
nigelb

Network help please.

Post by nigelb »

I have a Network set up with a Win10 desktop wired to an 8800NL (R1) via powerline (yes, I know... :lol: ). Two W10 laptops and Canon printer on wifi. All normally 'well', all can see each other.

Along comes the dreaded M$ update. Now the desktop cannot see the laptops (but bizarrely can see the printer?) Both laptops can 'see' the PC.

When I look at the 'Network' on the desktop it shows 'Ethernet3/private' as the connection.

There is obviously something I need to change! The question is, is it a router setting or can I 'direct' the desktop to join the wifi network?
nigelb

Re: Network help please.

Post by nigelb »

Well - knock me over with a fevver! Out for a dog walk, come back, and the whole network is now visible? I did nothing??
nigelb

Post by nigelb »

Would anyone have any ideas as to why this happened?
nigelb

Post by nigelb »

Same again this AM - only the router and wireless printer showing on 'Network'.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

nigelb wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:52 am Same again this AM - only the router and wireless printer showing on 'Network'.
From your desktop can you ping the laptops??
nigelb

Post by nigelb »

UPDATE:
Laptop 2 can see Laptop 1 and Desktop. I can ping Laptop 2 from Desktop
Laptop1 can see Router and 'WMP' as a 'Media Player' on itself. I cannot ping Laptop1 from Desktop
Desktop can only see Router and Laptop1 WMP as a 'Media Player'

Colour me confused! I have done two router restarts. The betting is that at some indeterminate time this morning all will become 'normal' with no actual intervention by me.

I am also having issues with access here - although showing 'logged in' when I try to reply I have to re-log in!
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

nigelb wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:27 am UPDATE:
Laptop 2 can see Laptop 1 and Desktop. I can ping Laptop 2 from Desktop
Laptop1 can see Router and 'WMP' as a 'Media Player' on itself. I cannot ping Laptop1 from Desktop
Desktop can only see Router and Laptop1 WMP as a 'Media Player'

Colour me confused! I have done two router restarts. The betting is that at some indeterminate time this morning all will become 'normal' with no actual intervention by me.

I am also having issues with access here - although showing 'logged in' when I try to reply I have to re-log in!
What firmware version are you running (the full fw version)) so we can rule out the router as the issue

Regarding the forum, when logging in try ticking the 'remember me' option on the login page
nigelb

Post by nigelb »

Yes, 'remember me' is always ticked.

Software 2.32e.d14. Cannot find 'firmware'?

'Log in' required again to post. Having to copy prepared post in order to re-post!!
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

nigelb wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:08 am Yes, 'remember me' is always ticked.

Software 2.32e.d14. Cannot find 'firmware'?

'Log in' required again to post. Having to copy prepared post in order to re-post!!
The firmware version you are on shouldn't have a issue with seeing devices on the network.

I have attached the latest firmware for your reference.

You might want to check your network discovery options/check firewall options on each PC.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nigelb

Post by nigelb »

Software now 2.32e.d16. No changes sadly. All network settings are, as far as I know, OK and have not been changed since before yesterday's dog walk.

Wireless driver shows 6.30.102.7.cpe4.12L08.4

Will I need to restore the conf from the backup? I have/had? multicast settings

PS This time did not have to log in again!