vDSL not connecting.

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
soulremover

vDSL not connecting.

Post by soulremover »

I used to have my 8800nl plugged in for my adsl line. Worked fantastic. But now I upgraded my line into a vdsl one.
I tried and I tried but I cannt make the modem sync and work.
I am from Greece using OTE/COSMOTE as an ISP provider. Is it possible my vdsl line not to be compatible with my 8800nl ?
billion_fan

Re: vDSL not connecting.

Post by billion_fan »

soulremover wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:07 am I used to have my 8800nl plugged in for my adsl line. Worked fantastic. But now I upgraded my line into a vdsl one.
I tried and I tried but I cannt make the modem sync and work.
I am from Greece using OTE/COSMOTE as an ISP provider. Is it possible my vdsl line not to be compatible with my 8800nl ?
Not quite sure as I can only comment on UK lines.

Our device is compatible with all VDSL UK lines within the UK.

I would suggest testing your new connection with ISP router to see if it syncs up, (just to make sure your new VDSL line is activated by the ISP)
soulremover

Post by soulremover »

With the modem provided by the ISP the line syncs up just fine. With the 8800nl it doesn't.
It's kinda frustrating because back in the days when i had adsl the modem worked like a charm.
I cant figure out why it doesn't now with the vDSL.
I have a 50/5 Mbps line and with the modem provided by the ISP it syncs up to 34 Mbps.
I wanted to check if with the 8800nl locks a bit higher.
soulremover

Post by soulremover »

DSL indication is stable green (on) though...
I can connect to the routers interface and see the attainable rates and all the other different stats.
But, the internet indication won't turn green, it doesn't even blink
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

soulremover wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:48 pm DSL indication is stable green (on) though...
I can connect to the routers interface and see the attainable rates and all the other different stats.
But, the internet indication won't turn green, it doesn't even blink
If the DSL LED is on solid, and you can see the DSL Statistics, this means the device can sync on your line.

It just a matter of passing authentication, you need to check your ISP authentication setting so can configure the PTM interface (VDSL interface), not the ATM interface (ADSL interface)

1. Do they use IP over Ethernet or PPPoE (if PPPoE is used you need a broadband username and password entered)
2. Do they need the 802.1Q VLAN ID tagged (within the UK we have to tag the VLAN ID to 101) with your ISP it might not be needed or may a different value
soulremover

Post by soulremover »

vlan id 835 and the problem is now fixed.
Up and running. Thanks a lot.