Auto rebooting Wi-Fi?

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
h2005uk

Auto rebooting Wi-Fi?

Post by h2005uk »

Hi

I've noticed that after a while with my 8800NL router, the Wi-Fi speeds reduce and a reboot of the router solves the issue (to a large extent, although some devices still suffer from reduced speeds).

When the reduced speeds have occurred, I've tried all sorts of different things including changing to different channels and tweaking with other settings. Nothing helped except a reboot.

A wired connection to the router doesn't see any speed drops.

I know there's a feature which can auto reboot the whole router, but is there a way to reboot just the Wi-Fi side, thereby avoiding the router doing a total reboot?

Is there a Telnet command which could be sent to just reboot the Wi-Fi part of the router?

Thanks.
billion_fan

Re: Auto rebooting Wi-Fi?

Post by billion_fan »

h2005uk wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:27 pm Hi

I've noticed that after a while with my 8800NL router, the Wi-Fi speeds reduce and a reboot of the router solves the issue (to a large extent, although some devices still suffer from reduced speeds).

When the reduced speeds have occurred, I've tried all sorts of different things including changing to different channels and tweaking with other settings. Nothing helped except a reboot.

I know there's a feature which can auto reboot the whole router, but is there a way to reboot just the Wi-Fi side, thereby avoiding the router doing a total reboot?

Is there a Telnet command which could be sent to just reboot the Wi-Fi part of the router?

Thanks.
I'll check with our engineers and get back to you
billion_fan

Re: Auto rebooting Wi-Fi?

Post by billion_fan »

h2005uk wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:27 pm Hi

Thanks.
Below are the commands needed

wlctl down = wireless down

wlctl up = wireless up

Please note:

1. If customer performs wireless down via telnet , Web GUI will always show “Enable” even though it is already disabled by telnet command.

2. If customer performs wireless down via telnet and continue reboot router , The wireless will come back to enable.

So it is not recommended that customers play with this function to avoid trouble in the future.

For example: Strange… Web GUI states the wireless is Enable , but laptop / mobile phone can’t see the Wireless SSID.