g.inp

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
billion_fan

Re: g.inp

Post by billion_fan »

prichards wrote:Tried again with new firmware, reset to factory settings and once again after 60Mins connected the lease fails and you have to restart to gain access.

Firmware is faulty, Sky users don't install.
Thanks for confirmation, firmware already pulled, and engineers are already investigating
Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis »

yeah Also just remembered the 8800nl has a PhyR on/off switch in its config, it should have clicked in my head.

so the existing firmware already has it haha, but still keep this new firmware up since its a newer version of the broadcom dsl driver.
Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis »

billion_fan wrote:
prichards wrote:Tried again with new firmware, reset to factory settings and once again after 60Mins connected the lease fails and you have to restart to gain access.

Firmware is faulty, Sky users don't install.
Thanks for confirmation, firmware already pulled, and engineers are already investigating
I already downloaded the firmware, no need to pull it just because it fails on one isp. sky have an unusual setup.
ardsar

Post by ardsar »

Chrysalis wrote:yeah Also just remembered the 8800nl has a PhyR on/off switch in its config, it should have clicked in my head.

so the existing firmware already has it haha, but still keep this new firmware up since its a newer version of the broadcom dsl driver.
Should PhyR be switched on for both up and down? Currently the default is down only.
ardsar

Post by ardsar »

Can someone post the original firmware for the AXL version as there are no downloads available on this site for this device.
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

My G.INP went live this morning at 6:30.

I can confirm that with current release 2.32.dh14 G.INP works.

Wondering if the speed increase is a fixed release of resource since 6mibt seems to be what you get extra on the download (possibly, im guessing)

Whilst I never had interleaving on my speeds have increased as follows:

Day 1 (First on cabinate)
Down 67
Up 20

Yesterday (Many more people on the cabinate)
Down 54
UP 16

Today
Down 59
Up 19

Things to look out for in Telnet (adsl info --stats) besides speed hikes are:
Bearer: 1, Upstream rate = 0 Kbps, Downstream rate = 0 Kbps
Trellis: U:ON /D:ON
Q: 8 4
V:
RxQueue: 48 33
TxQueue: 16
G.INP Framing: 18 18
G.INP lookback: 16 11
RRC bits: 24 24

and on the stats page

D (interleaver depth) 8 4
I (interleaver block size in bytes) 254 242
INP (DMT symbol) 49.00 48.00
ardsar

Post by ardsar »

swatboy79 wrote:My G.INP went live this morning at 6:30.

I can confirm that with current release 2.32.dh14 G.INP works.

Wondering if the speed increase is a fixed release of resource since 6mibt seems to be what you get extra on the download (possibly, im guessing)

Whilst I never had interleaving on my speeds have increased as follows:

Day 1 (First on cabinated)
Down 67
Up 20

Yesterday (Many more people on the cabinate)
Down 54
UP 16

Today
Down 59
Up 19

Things to look out for in Telnet (adsl info --stats) besides speed hikes are:
Bearer: 1, Upstream rate = 0 Kbps, Downstream rate = 0 Kbps
Trellis: U:ON /D:ON
Q: 8 4
V:
RxQueue: 48 33
TxQueue: 16
G.INP Framing: 18 18
G.INP lookback: 16 11
RRC bits: 24 24

and on the stats page

D (interleaver depth) 8 4
I (interleaver block size in bytes) 254 242
INP (DMT symbol) 49.00 48.00
Guess you are on a huawei cabinet?

From looking around the forums it would appear only people connected to a huawei cabinet are getting g.inp enabled.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

ardsar wrote:Can someone post the original firmware for the AXL version as there are no downloads available on this site for this device.
PM sent
Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis »

Also to billion staff someone on another forum has posted they using the new firmware without issues, so you should unpull it, as sky is only one isp out of many and sky use non standard specifications.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Chrysalis wrote:Also to billion staff someone on another forum has posted they using the new firmware without issues, so you should unpull it, as sky is only one isp out of many and sky use non standard specifications.
We want a firmware that works with all UK ISPs, and Sky is one that we work hard to support, also we have a lot of Sky customers using our products, and we will continue to support them :D

Anyway I have a newer test firmware which I will send to prichards for testing, if everything is OK, I will upload the firmware, so not to worry