g.inp

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
ricke17

Re: g.inp

Post by ricke17 »

Thanks for the telephone support just now.

All up and running.

The moral of the story is to just keep things as they are and will avoid applying anymore firmware until it is officially released!

Oh, and the streaming issues I was telling you about seem to have resolved - unsure whether it was firmware related or plusnet.

Either way, I can enjoy my day off with a Netflix binge!

Rick.
ardsar

Post by ardsar »

SO when is this going to be officially released?

There are still no downloads for the newer AXL on the downloads page.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

ardsar wrote:SO when is this going to be officially released?

There are still no downloads for the newer AXL on the downloads page.
AXL firmware can be found on this link viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3522&start=60

Once I have news on the official release I will post it on our forum and our official web site.
mesaboogieman

Post by mesaboogieman »

Hi
Came across this article today which I thought was well worth a read on the subject of G.INP and it's rollout.
Apparently G.INP is called PHyr in Billion routers. Now I know what that option in the setup is all about.

Article link: http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,15283.0.html

mesaboogieman
Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis »

settings are preserved if you choose to keep settings, it will ask you when flashing.
wydmex

Post by wydmex »

I see the Australian version of the 8800AXL has just had Firmware V2.32e released for it. One could assume therefore that our UK version is not far off?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

wydmex wrote:I see the Australian version of the 8800AXL has just had Firmware V2.32e released for it. One could assume therefore that our UK version is not far off?
2.32e has been released, it can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3896
wydmex

Post by wydmex »

Nice work, thanks! :D
craiga79

Post by craiga79 »

Running the newest firmware on the 8800NL. Simple question (and I have looked extensively for an answer!!).........

Do I need to change any settings on the 2.32e firmware in order to enable g.imp? Presently I am not benefiting from it and whilst I appreciate this may not be enabled at my local cabinet I wanted to check I don't need to change anything? Is it linked to the Phyr settings as I have it enabled down but not up by default?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

craiga79 wrote:Running the newest firmware on the 8800NL. Simple question (and I have looked extensively for an answer!!).........

Do I need to change any settings on the 2.32e firmware in order to enable g.imp? Presently I am not benefiting from it and whilst I appreciate this may not be enabled at my local cabinet I wanted to check I don't need to change anything? Is it linked to the Phyr settings as I have it enabled down but not up by default?
g.inp is enabled by default, more information can be found here

http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/g.inp