DHCP Lease Time on 8800NL

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
Oldjim

DHCP Lease Time on 8800NL

Post by Oldjim »

The lease time as shown in my Lease Table is as the picture
The maximum lease time for the LAN is set to 24 hours but I can't see any method of changing it for wireless
2015-09-24_131008.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nanotm

Re: DHCP Lease Time on 8800NL

Post by nanotm »

on the advanced lan page the top dropdown box says group name, change it to the Wi-Fi group and then you can set the lease time for that group
Oldjim

Post by Oldjim »

The only options are Default and Guest both of which are set to 24 hours
nanotm

Post by nanotm »

billion screen.jpg
here's the screen shot of what I see complete with really bad numbering :)

as you can see from it I have two group options, one of them is the wifi group one isn't, the only other thing I can think of is group rekey interval under wireless security which I changed to the maximum interval time (again you can choose each wifi subnet) I have mine configured at 2147483647 which is the maximum instead of the default 3600 which I seem to recall was mentioned as a fix for a bug in something
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ned Ludd

Post by Ned Ludd »

Splitters! ;)
nanotm

Post by nanotm »

how so,
its a specific product forum not a chit chat one :)

but maybe we could make a new sub forum on hardware just for billion love :)
baiwan

Post by baiwan »

Oldjim wrote:The only options are Default and Guest both of which are set to 24 hours
I think you can add a new entry to that drop-down list by creating a new group for the Wi-Fi interface using the "Configuration > LAN > Interface Grouping" page.

After creating the new group you should be to select it from the "Group Name" drop-downlist on the "Configuration > LAN" page.
Oldjim

Post by Oldjim »

I could but the Guest is already the one I set up so I don't see why setting up another would help
baiwan

Post by baiwan »

I am confused.

You started off by saying "The maximum lease time for the LAN is set to 24 hours but I can't see any method of changing it for wireless".

nanotm suggested you selected the Wi-Fi group from the drop-down box in order to be able to set the lease time for Wi-Fi connections.

You replied that the only options were Default and Guest.

I suggested you create a group for Wi-Fi connections and then try to change the lease time for that group.

I am not sure what you mean by "I don't see why setting up another would help". You currently have two groups defined ~ which group includes the Wi-Fi interface?
nanotm

Post by nanotm »

his guest group does