Page 1 of 1

IPvanish setup help pls

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:43 am
by Welshy
Hi apologies 1st for being a noob :?

I've just purchased the 8900AX2400 and would like to setup ipvanish on the router. I've had the sorry we don't support your router from them so now looking to see what I can figure out my self.

I'm guessing its the vpn client I need to complete and the settings would be:
server address: tia-c01.ipvanish.com (but it wont let me type .com at the end)
protocol: tcp
cipher encryption: AES-256-cbc
izo compression: enable
port: 1194
sha authentication: I think it should be sha256 but can't find the option
certificate authority: will use crt file

so how am I doing?

Thanks

Re: IPvanish setup help pls

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:25 am
by billion_fan
Welshy wrote:Hi apologies 1st for being a noob :?

I've just purchased the 8900AX2400 and would like to setup ipvanish on the router. I've had the sorry we don't support your router from them so now looking to see what I can figure out my self.

I'm guessing its the vpn client I need to complete and the settings would be:
server address: tia-c01.ipvanish.com (but it wont let me type .com at the end)
protocol: tcp
cipher encryption: AES-256-cbc
izo compression: enable
port: 1194
sha authentication: I think it should be sha256 but can't find the option
certificate authority: will use crt file

so how am I doing?

Thanks
The Bipac 8900AX -2400 UK version does not support open VPN. (for support with this feature please contact our HQ support on support@billion.com)

You should be able to use PPTP. (attached guide on how to setup your device as a PPTP client)

Re: IPvanish setup help pls

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:24 pm
by Welshy
Ok thanks for your response which looks easy to understand! :D As an interim I guess this will do but am disappointed of the lack of openvpn support. The dummy gui on the product page is misleading which is what I based my purchase on

I have contacted billion support and waiting on their response.

Re: IPvanish setup help pls

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:36 pm
by Welshy
sorry can't find the ip address of e.g "syd-a01.ipvanish.com"

It's not recognising it?

Re: IPvanish setup help pls

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:40 pm
by billion_fan
Welshy wrote:sorry can't find the ip address of e.g "syd-a01.ipvanish.com"

It's not recognising it?
Try IP address 173.245.209.2

Re: IPvanish setup help pls

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:42 pm
by Welshy
stupid me :shock:
its ping/space then the address.

Tks for your reply though!!

Re: IPvanish setup help pls

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:09 pm
by billion_fan
Welshy wrote:Ok thanks for your response which looks easy to understand! :D As an interim I guess this will do but am disappointed of the lack of openvpn support. The dummy gui on the product page is misleading which is what I based my purchase on

I have contacted billion support and waiting on their response.
Does your 8900AX-2400 have the Open VPN section within the web configuration page??

Re: IPvanish setup help pls

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:10 pm
by dazza2
Hello Welshy, did this work and how is IPVanish working out through the 8900AX? Thinking of signing up myself and wondering if its a good idea.

Thanks

Re: IPvanish setup help pls

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:26 am
by Regass
dazza2 wrote:Hello Welshy, did this Best Gaming Mouse site work and how is IPVanish working out through the 8900AX? Thinking of signing up myself and wondering if its a good idea.

Thanks
I tried ipvanish but i think expressvpn is better.