Billion 8900AX not updating N0-IP

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
Gopherit

Billion 8900AX not updating N0-IP

Post by Gopherit »

I have said router and have a DDNS account with No-IP. A few weeks ago I could not connect remotely but I have now discovered the reason to be was N0-IP had not updated the IP Address. Setting it manually in my No-IP account it then worked fine.
I then did a test reboot of the router getting a new IP Address but No-IP was not updated, even after 24 hours.

Investigating further I discovered that the Dynamic DNS Server entry was "www.dyndns.org(custom)" not the "www.no-ip.com" I had chosen on initial setup. I changed the entry to read correctly and applied the new setting. However, as soon as i returned to that entry it had changed back to the incorrect entry!

This presumably explains why No-IP is not getting updated - and how do I rectify this fault?
Set-DNSSever-ApplyReverts-300920-2.png
Set-DNSServer-300920-2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billion_fan

Re: Billion 8900AX not updating N0-IP

Post by billion_fan »

Gopherit wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:05 pm I have said router and have a DDNS account with No-IP. A few weeks ago I could not connect remotely but I have now discovered the reason to be was N0-IP had not updated the IP Address. Setting it manually in my No-IP account it then worked fine.
I then did a test reboot of the router getting a new IP Address but No-IP was not updated, even after 24 hours.

Investigating further I discovered that the Dynamic DNS Server entry was "www.dyndns.org(custom)" not the "www.no-ip.com" I had chosen on initial setup. I changed the entry to read correctly and applied the new setting. However, as soon as i returned to that entry it had changed back to the incorrect entry!

This presumably explains why No-IP is not getting updated - and how do I rectify this fault?Set-DNSSever-ApplyReverts-300920-2.pngSet-DNSServer-300920-2.png
Try using a different web browser or PC to make the change. (as I have never this before)

Or try removing the current DDNS account from the routers configuration, and add a brand new one with the correct settings.