g.inp

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
billion_fan

Re: g.inp

Post by billion_fan »

swatboy79 wrote:No it won't since G.Fast is the future copper bodge.

However G.inp is the last outstanding feature. Would be nice it officitally stated it has G.vector on the website.
See attached screen shot taken from our website

Future firmware will support g.inp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lannie

Post by Lannie »

Great news, definitely holding on to the 8800 then!!
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

Vectoring is not the same as g.inp. Maybe i missed it but I didn't see any mention of g.inp?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

swatboy79 wrote:Vectoring is not the same as g.inp. Maybe i missed it but I didn't see any mention of g.inp?
Our engineers have stated they are building a new firmware that will have g.inp support. (I have no doubt once the function is added, our web site will reflect this)
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

billion_fan wrote:
swatboy79 wrote:Vectoring is not the same as g.inp. Maybe i missed it but I didn't see any mention of g.inp?
Our engineers have stated they are building a new firmware that will have g.inp support. (I have no doubt once the function is added, our web site will reflect this)
Attached is firmware version 2.32d.dh61 with g.inp enabled by default (you won't see this function within the web gui), we need someone with a VDSL line that has g.inp enabled on their line to test and confirm.

Edit firmware pulled while we verify option 61 IPOE DHCP lease issue
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

I'll give it a go, hopefully the Authentication bug has been fixed :P
I have no idea if G.inp is avaible where I am, does anyone know how to tell, i guess the telnet interface?
Last edited by swatboy79 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

swatboy79 wrote:I'll give it a go, hopefully the Authentication bug has been fixed :P
Yep it will authenticate fine, as it has the older DMT code (we might be skipping the 39i DMT code because of hardware compatibility issues)
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

Code runs, no sign of g.inp even in telnet.

Tried these in telnet:
adsl info --stats
adsl profile --show
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

I guess since my line does not even require interleaving (D (interleaver depth) is 1, 1)
There is no point in G.INP. Is my understanding correct for those of you who may know?

I really wish BT would get their act together with vectoring, since my line went live i have lost 11mbit on download and 5mbit on upload.

Then BT quickly updates your expected speeds using their Avaiblity checker using your stats to give an ever lower expectation of your line.
Great marketing BT! Only another 14mbit to go before I can just get Plusnet 38mbit capped product and save a few bob!
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

swatboy79 wrote:Code runs, no sign of g.inp even in telnet.

Tried these in telnet:
adsl info --stats
adsl profile --show
This means g.inp is not active on your line