utorrent set up

michaelga67

utorrent set up

Post by michaelga67 »

hi all first post hope it is in right section if not sorry my problem is i am having a problem getting utorrent to work properly through my new BILLION 78DXL router when i run the setup for u torrent i keep getting the Data send error a local networking problem closed the connection error 10053 and it says a router/firewall is limiting my network access i think i have to open ports on the router but i am not sure how to do this can someone please help in as simple a way as poss as i know verry little about routers :?: :?: setup/config thanks
billion_fan

Re: utorrent set up

Post by billion_fan »

michaelga67 wrote:hi all first post hope it is in right section if not sorry my problem is i am having a problem getting utorrent to work properly through my new BILLION 78DXL router when i run the setup for u torrent i keep getting the Data send error a local networking problem closed the connection error 10053 and it says a router/firewall is limiting my network access i think i have to open ports on the router but i am not sure how to do this can someone please help in as simple a way as poss as i know verry little about routers :?: :?: setup/config thanks
from my knowledge utorrent uses UPNP so there is no need to open ports within the router (UPNP should automatically open these ports for you) attached screen shot examples of my quick test

I would also check your local firewall settings (installed firewall) to see if there is anything blocking your connection.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
michaelga67

Post by michaelga67 »

thanks ill check firewall /antivirus and report back
michaelga67

Post by michaelga67 »

Virtual Servers Setup
Server Name External Port Protocol Internal Port Server IP Address WAN Interface Disabled Remove Edit
Start End Start End
utorrent 6112 6112 UDP 6112 6112 192.168.1.100 ppp0.1
(UPnP) uTorrent (TCP) 6113 6113 TCP 6112 6112 192.168.1.107 ppp0.1
(UPnP) uTorrent (UDP) 6113 6113 UDP 6112 6112 192.168.1.107 ppp0.1
hi above is what it says in my virtual servers setup i disabled my firewall on computer disabled my antivirus avast. disabled malwarebytes and ran the test again and still no joy on utorrent i get a red circle in the bottom right corner of utorrernt with an exclamation marke in it and when i hover over it and it says A firewall/router is limiting your network traffic you need to open a port so others can connect to you
michaelga67

Post by michaelga67 »

sorry if my post above looks confusing how do i attach a screen shot of my routes virtual servers page :?: :oops:
michaelga67

Post by michaelga67 »

Capture.JPG
ok i used snipping tools
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
michaelga67

Post by michaelga67 »

Capture.JPG
utorrent results
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

michaelga67 wrote:
Capture.JPG
utorrent results
Try changing the Current Port (within uTorrent) to something else eg 8080 and then turn off Automatic Port Mapping, and manually add a port forwarding rule (TCP/UDP) for port 8080 to IP address 192.168.1.107

From looking at the UPNP rules it using port redirect, which might be the problem
michaelga67

Post by michaelga67 »

hi tried turn off this and if u turn off Automatic Port Mapping u get network failed and if u turn it back on you get result your port is open your network is properly configured so i think it has to stay on if u look at screen shot of test you will see it is the bandwidth that gives me the error funny thing if i run the test say 10 times sometimes it passes say about 8 out of 10 times fail but perhaps 2 times pass :?: :evil:
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

michaelga67 wrote:hi tried turn off this and if u turn off Automatic Port Mapping u get network failed and if u turn it back on you get result your port is open your network is properly configured so i think it has to stay on if u look at screen shot of test you will see it is the bandwidth that gives me the error funny thing if i run the test say 10 times sometimes it passes say about 8 out of 10 times fail but perhaps 2 times pass :?: :evil:
Have you tried the following fix

Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet-> Clicked on Internet Options -> Security -> Custom Level Under Miscellaneous, Access data sources across domains, I checked enable. disable DHT (right click at the bottom of the client-utorrent) and select disable DHT. (this fix was suggested on the utorrent forum)