DHCP lease stuck on 2 hours 43minutes 29 seconds

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
Capt.Nemo

Re: DHCP lease stuck on 2 hours 43minutes 29 seconds

Post by Capt.Nemo »

ricke17 wrote:Have you tried returning the router and getting it replaced with a new one - your issue with this has been dragging on for too long!
It has gone on too long; the firmware is really not up to release standard, witness the list of bugs fixed in the latest release. The hardware is sound, if I return it then I would not want a replacement model, so I would have to buy a Draytec or similar to be able to do what I want. Billion really should be able to write the firmware and test it; it isn't after all rocket science!
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Capt.Nemo wrote:
ricke17 wrote:Have you tried returning the router and getting it replaced with a new one - your issue with this has been dragging on for too long!
It has gone on too long; the firmware is really not up to release standard, witness the list of bugs fixed in the latest release. The hardware is sound, if I return it then I would not want a replacement model, so I would have to buy a Draytec or similar to be able to do what I want. Billion really should be able to write the firmware and test it; it isn't after all rocket science!
Thanks for double checking for us, all the info you have provided has been passed over to our engineers for further investigation.
Capt.Nemo

Post by Capt.Nemo »

Just to confirm to those people who may be following this thread. It is possible to disable the dhcp server for the default lan and have it enabled for the guest lan. You can then have a separate server for the default (my old router) and use the billion for the guest (which in my case is for a small number of small people and the occasional guests thereof and so can be fixed ip addresses without too much trouble). In this case the dhcp heading in the status section will disappear (if no leases at all have been issued) when the router is accessed under 192.168.2.254 (the default lan), but will now reappear when the router is accessed under 192.168.1.254 (the guest lan).

When any leases on any of the default or guest lans have been issued the dhcp entry shows up.

I would not like people to think that I am dissatisfied with the hardware, I am not - it has been reliable and has not lost connections; but the issuing of dhcp leases is such a basic requirement that the firmware in this respect really should have been up to scratch from day 1.