BiPAC 7800DXL firmware version 2.32b
Please note that if your device currently has the 2.24b or earlier firmware, you MUST perform a factory reset after the upgrade. After a factory to factory default, you will have to re-configure the router again. Please DO NOT try to restore any 2.24b save config on the 2.32b firmware as the router will not work properly.
If you do not want to perform a factory reset then please DO NOT perform the upgrade.
If your device currently has 2.31 firmware onwards then you can perform the firmware upgrade to 2.32b without factory reset needed. However, we always recommend to reset the router to factory default.
(02nd of August, 2013)
1. VoIP: (VoIP models only)
1‐1 Encode DTMF to FXS port if the peer VoIP device sends DTMF through SIP INFO.
1‐2 Voice Pass Through feature added (PSTN‐>VoIP or VoIP‐>PSTN or VoIP‐>VoIP)
1‐3 Changed the "Call Feature" title to "Call Forward". Placed VoIP menu at the TOP.
1‐4 User can set the specified account as the default VoIP dial plan on the SIP Account
1‐5 Added Edit action on some VoIP pages.
2. VPN (VPN models only)
2‐1 Reorganize the VPN menu and put VPN menu at the TOP.
2‐2 Added L2TP feature (contains L2TP over IPsec)
2‐3 Supports Cisco‐like keep‐alive mechanism and adds the local and remote virtual IP
on the GRE page.
3. Added Mark field on the ARP and DHCP status page to note whether the connected client
is through WLAN.
4. Upgraded the DLNA package (v2.1.2) by Broadcom request (Limitation: user can only list
mp3 files with “ALL” type)
Note: MP3 browsing by Album: this feature has been added to the Broadcom
5. Allow multiple WAN”s to use the same DDNS accounts and added Edit operation. (Only
the 1st valid one is updated to DDNS)
6. Allow Schedule Control to the whole system "Auto Reboot" and the specified WOL entry.
7. Added Parental Control feature controlled by OpenDNS. User needs to get one account
and configure the filter rules under OpenDNS in advanced. 78VD can then update the IP
with OpenDNS if the default WAN IP is changed. Please refer to
http://www.opendns.com/parental‐controls for more Parental Con‐trol.
8. Support for IPv6 ND Proxy if the LAN and WAN IPv6 uses the same prefix and the
protocol is IPoE.
9. Added "Sync" button to update the calendar time from the attached PC. It can reduce the
impact when 78 fails to get the time from SNTP server.
1‐1 The dial tone filter pattern has been rolled back to resolve PTSN Dial Plan "dial
with prefix" issue.
1‐2 Fixed issue whereby the Differential Ring 1 and 2 did not show CID correctly.
2. Fixed issue whereby the IP Address validity checking was incorrect with some web pages
3. Upgraded the WLAN driver by Broadcom request (5G DFS and some minor issues fixed).
4. Fixed issue whereby FTP user might not be able to access his space because there is no
directory if the USB storage/disk is changed to another one.
5. Fixed 1‐1 NAT issue whereby edit was not applied to the system.
6‐1 Resolved issue whereby IPsec might crash or memory leakage.
6‐2 The VPN connection should be dropped first before WAN is torn down when user
presses the WAN Disconnect button.
6‐3 WEB didn’t show the VPN status on the user/support account level