BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

Post Reply
tinytim
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:53 pm
Location: Benfleet, Essex

Re: BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

Post by tinytim » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:13 am

I notice that under MER it keeps renewing the lease , looks like the lease time is 3600. Is that usual or correct?

MagicMan
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:49 pm

Re: BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

Post by MagicMan » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:59 pm

kmr1962 wrote:Just for information
I am on BE, which also uses "MPoA (RFC1483/RFC2684, Multiprotocol Encapsulation over AAL5)" which has always worked OK.
As that protocol has been modifiedupdated for SKY I thought I would see if it still works on BE, And it still works fine with this firmware.
How do you know this? Also did you need change any extra settings?

nivek1612
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Re: BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

Post by nivek1612 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:33 am

Great effort works fantastically for me with one exception

If I spoof the MAC address to simulate my Sky Routers MAC then the 7800N synchs with the exchange ok but fails to get a connection, it sits at the DCHP client identifier step.

Minor point but thought I'd point it out before the firmware goes production

billion_fan
Posts: 5159
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

Post by billion_fan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:34 pm

nivek1612 wrote:Great effort works fantastically for me with one exception

If I spoof the MAC address to simulate my Sky Routers MAC then the 7800N synchs with the exchange ok but fails to get a connection, it sits at the DCHP client identifier step.

Minor point but thought I'd point it out before the firmware goes production
Sky MER authentication don't use Option 60, so mac spoofing is not needed.

AzraelOmega
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

Post by AzraelOmega » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:32 pm

when i use this firmware I get an IP and a sync with the exchange which is great.

But I can't access any website.

I get request timed out. I get the IP of the site I'm pinging but nothing more

So on a whim I checked the clientid of the connection the password part is wrong. Where in my password a + is present this is replaced with a space. I assume that means the client id is not being sent to the sky network correctly.

Can this please be investigated.

Cheers,

David

arobertson676
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:58 am

Re: BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

Post by arobertson676 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:28 pm

Can I just confirm that apart from MER support, is this firmware identical to 1.06f.dc1?

tinytim
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:53 pm
Location: Benfleet, Essex

Re: BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

Post by tinytim » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:09 am

AzraelOmega wrote: So on a whim I checked the clientid of the connection the password part is wrong. Where in my password a + is present this is replaced with a space. I assume that means the client id is not being sent to the sky network correctly.
I replaced a character in my client id with a "+" and it remained a "+".

Edit: Apologies, you are quite correct about this. I failed to hit "edit" before.

AzraelOmega
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

Post by AzraelOmega » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:55 pm

very odd. my + disappears from the password part ie after the |

Not sure how to move forward with this.

kmr1962
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

Post by kmr1962 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 pm

MagicMan wrote:
kmr1962 wrote:Just for information
I am on BE, which also uses "MPoA (RFC1483/RFC2684, Multiprotocol Encapsulation over AAL5)" which has always worked OK.
As that protocol has been modified updated for SKY I thought I would see if it still works on BE, And it still works fine with this firmware.
How do you know this? Also did you need change any extra settings?
If you are asking how I know BE uses "MPoA (RFC1483/RFC2684, Multiprotocol Encapsulation over AAL5)"
Thats what I have always set the connection to and that is what is documented on the BE usergroup web site.

If you are asking how I know it works OK, I know it works because I flashed the firmware on my router and tried it.
There was no noticable degredation in performance and the router connects to BE OK.

There where no extra settings (clientid was kept blank) that I had to make from any of the earlier firmwares that I have used.

To be honest I would have been supprised if it didn't work but you never know, I just wanted to make sure (and confirm it for anyone wondering) before a final non-beta release was made.

kmr1962
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

Post by kmr1962 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:13 pm

AzraelOmega wrote:when i use this firmware I get an IP and a sync with the exchange which is great.

But I can't access any website.

I get request timed out. I get the IP of the site I'm pinging but nothing more

So on a whim I checked the clientid of the connection the password part is wrong. Where in my password a + is present this is replaced with a space. I assume that means the client id is not being sent to the sky network correctly.

Can this please be investigated.

Cheers,

David
try entering %2B insted of the +
I believe its because the URL encoding replaces a space with + and so assumes any + is a space
%2B is the Hex code for +.

Example, for Pass+Word use Pass%2BWord

Post Reply