Page 1 of 2

Bipac 8800NL Firmware 2.32d.dh52

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:40 am
by billion_fan
Attached is firmware 2.32d.dh52 with new DMT code A2pv6F039i.d24m

This firmware might not increase your sync rate, but should be more compatible with newer exchanges

Firmware deleted for now while we investigate authentication issues

Re: Bipac 8800NL Firmware 2.32d.dh52

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:55 pm
by swatboy79
I tried this version and while the DSL synchronised, I could not authenticate with Plusnet (the green internet light would not come on)
I tried defaults too and reconfiguring but still did not work

The only way I could get the internet to work again was to roll back to 2.32d.dh14 and reload my settings.

Anyone else had any issues?

Re: Bipac 8800NL Firmware 2.32d.dh52

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:18 pm
by billion_fan
swatboy79 wrote:I tried this version and while the DSL synchronised, I could not authenticate with Plusnet (the green internet light would not come on)
I tried defaults too and reconfiguring but still did not work

The only way I could get the internet to work again was to roll back to 2.32d.dh14 and reload my settings.

Anyone else had any issues?
Yep I have found the same issue, so users should not upgrade to this firmware for now, while I investigate (at least I know I'm not alone)

Re: Bipac 8800NL Firmware 2.32d.dh52

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:19 pm
by quishuk
swatboy79 wrote:I tried this version and while the DSL synchronised, I could not authenticate with Plusnet (the green internet light would not come on)
I tried defaults too and reconfiguring but still did not work

The only way I could get the internet to work again was to roll back to 2.32d.dh14 and reload my settings.

Anyone else had any issues?

I have had exactly the same problems as you, had to roll back to the original f/ware to get the router to connect to the net :(

Re: Bipac 8800NL Firmware 2.32d.dh52

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:30 pm
by billion_fan
quishuk wrote:
swatboy79 wrote:I tried this version and while the DSL synchronised, I could not authenticate with Plusnet (the green internet light would not come on)
I tried defaults too and reconfiguring but still did not work

The only way I could get the internet to work again was to roll back to 2.32d.dh14 and reload my settings.

Anyone else had any issues?

I have had exactly the same problems as you, had to roll back to the original f/ware to get the router to connect to the net :(
Don't worry we will investigate this new DMT code and see where the authentication issues are :D

I will update this thread in due course.

Re: Bipac 8800NL Firmware 2.32d.dh52

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:43 pm
by swatboy79
sweet, as long as it wasn't just me I was scratching me head :shock:

Re: Bipac 8800NL Firmware 2.32d.dh52

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:34 pm
by Chrysalis
is it possible to bring the firmware back but with a warning ppp is broken?

I use my billion 8800nl in bridge mode so I wont have authentication issues.

Re: Bipac 8800NL Firmware 2.32d.dh52

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:27 am
by billion_fan
Chrysalis wrote:is it possible to bring the firmware back but with a warning ppp is broken?

I use my billion 8800nl in bridge mode so I wont have authentication issues.
I'd rather wait for the firmware to fixed before release, issue has already been escalated to our engineers.

Re: Bipac 8800NL Firmware 2.32d.dh52

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:00 pm
by Lannie
Any news on this firmware?
Did anyone grab a copy they can let me have to try as I am in Bridge mode.

Re: Bipac 8800NL Firmware 2.32d.dh52

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:23 pm
by billion_fan
Lannie wrote:Any news on this firmware?
Did anyone grab a copy they can let me have to try as I am in Bridge mode.
I don't think we are going to release this new DMT code, as there is issues with our hardware

The firmware also doesn't work in bridge mode,