g.inp

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL
Post Reply
ricke17
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:14 am

Re: g.inp

Post by ricke17 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:18 pm

billion_fan wrote:Here is the firmware, that now works with Sky FTTC
Which of these 2 files should I download for the 8800AXL?

billion_fan
Posts: 5202
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: g.inp

Post by billion_fan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:30 pm

ricke17 wrote:
billion_fan wrote:Here is the firmware, that now works with Sky FTTC
Which of these 2 files should I download for the 8800AXL?
The one labelled ETEC8800AXL_2.32d.dh65.afw

ricke17
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:14 am

Re: g.inp

Post by ricke17 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:34 pm

billion_fan wrote:
ricke17 wrote:
billion_fan wrote:Here is the firmware, that now works with Sky FTTC
Which of these 2 files should I download for the 8800AXL?
The one labelled ETEC8800AXL_2.32d.dh65.afw
LOL - sorry having a thick day haha

pintosal
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Re: g.inp

Post by pintosal » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:10 pm

billion_fan wrote:
gmorgan wrote:One thing I have noticed with the latest firmware, I think the user interface has become a tad slow on the 8800nl. When you click on xdsl for example it takes a few seconds to load.
Seems fine here
Mine seems OK also.

The main thing for me is the download/upload speed rather than how quickly the gui responds.

pintosal
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Re: g.inp

Post by pintosal » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:17 pm

I've noticed that interleaver depth suddenly went from 1 to 8 and download speed increased from 57Mb/s to more than 65Mb/s - so I'm happy.

Is the interleave depth likely to change? If so, which way?

Is it possible that the line will get faster?

Chrysalis
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: g.inp

Post by Chrysalis » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:09 pm

billion_fan wrote:
Chrysalis wrote:Also to billion staff someone on another forum has posted they using the new firmware without issues, so you should unpull it, as sky is only one isp out of many and sky use non standard specifications.
We want a firmware that works with all UK ISPs, and Sky is one that we work hard to support, also we have a lot of Sky customers using our products, and we will continue to support them :D

Anyway I have a newer test firmware which I will send to prichards for testing, if everything is OK, I will upload the firmware, so not to worry
I never said stop supporting them but pulling it was premature, just add a note saying sky users have to wait for a newer version :)

billion_fan
Posts: 5202
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: g.inp

Post by billion_fan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:28 am

Chrysalis wrote:
billion_fan wrote:
Chrysalis wrote:Also to billion staff someone on another forum has posted they using the new firmware without issues, so you should unpull it, as sky is only one isp out of many and sky use non standard specifications.
We want a firmware that works with all UK ISPs, and Sky is one that we work hard to support, also we have a lot of Sky customers using our products, and we will continue to support them :D

Anyway I have a newer test firmware which I will send to prichards for testing, if everything is OK, I will upload the firmware, so not to worry
I never said stop supporting them but pulling it was premature, just add a note saying sky users have to wait for a newer version :)
All sorted now, not much of a delay :D

ricke17
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:14 am

Re: g.inp

Post by ricke17 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:32 am

Have you uploaded a newer firmware? If so where is it as I downloaded the one you told me to do yesterday.

billion_fan
Posts: 5202
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: g.inp

Post by billion_fan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:59 am

ricke17 wrote:Have you uploaded a newer firmware? If so where is it as I downloaded the one you told me to do yesterday.
No new firmware, the one I uploaded and you downloaded is the latest at the moment :D

ricke17
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:14 am

Re: g.inp

Post by ricke17 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:02 am

Ah ok cool!

Post Reply