7402X PPTP Passthrough.

Discussion for BiPAC 7402 series: 7402, 7402G, 7402X, 7402GX, 7402NX..etc
Post Reply
jimmain
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:29 am

7402X PPTP Passthrough.

Post by jimmain » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:00 pm

Hi,

I cannot seem to get the PPTP passthrough to work through the router. I am using server 2008 R2 (which I have not changed, and did work with the prior netgear router)
I have the firewall configured to allow port 1723 PPTP, and GRE both have inbound and outbound set to allow.

I have icmp and igmp set to allow on the virtual server, and forwarding to the internal server.
I have setup PPTP (1723) set to forward to the server.
I have setup GRE to forward to the server.

Still it doesn't seem to work. If it makes any difference I am connecting with an IPAD (again this worked before)

Do I need to enable one to one NAT?

The firmware is verion E.25.41.55 A.

billion_fan
Posts: 5208
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: 7402X PPTP Passthrough.

Post by billion_fan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:46 am

jimmain wrote:Hi,

I cannot seem to get the PPTP passthrough to work through the router. I am using server 2008 R2 (which I have not changed, and did work with the prior netgear router)
I have the firewall configured to allow port 1723 PPTP, and GRE both have inbound and outbound set to allow.

I have icmp and igmp set to allow on the virtual server, and forwarding to the internal server.
I have setup PPTP (1723) set to forward to the server.
I have setup GRE to forward to the server.

Still it doesn't seem to work. If it makes any difference I am connecting with an IPAD (again this worked before)

Do I need to enable one to one NAT?

The firmware is verion E.25.41.55 A.
Leave your Virtual Servers rules, as they seem fine, try and disable the firewall for a quick test

jimmain
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:29 am

Re: 7402X PPTP Passthrough.

Post by jimmain » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:06 am

Hi,

Yes I have done that, and it works just fine. The firewall is therefore the problem.
I am really not sure which port or rule I need to add.

I am letting through PPTP 1723, and GRE.
Maybe it's a DNS or other inbound rule that needs to be added.

which other ports should I try?

billion_fan
Posts: 5208
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: 7402X PPTP Passthrough.

Post by billion_fan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:24 am

jimmain wrote:Hi,

Yes I have done that, and it works just fine. The firewall is therefore the problem.
I am really not sure which port or rule I need to add.

I am letting through PPTP 1723, and GRE.
Maybe it's a DNS or other inbound rule that needs to be added.

which other ports should I try?
Can you send us a screen capture of your packet filtering rules, so we can see what needs to be added/edited.

jimmain
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:29 am

Re: 7402X PPTP Passthrough.

Post by jimmain » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi,

I have attached an image of all the rules.
They are the default medium rules, + PPTP + GRE.
firewall.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

billion_fan
Posts: 5208
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: 7402X PPTP Passthrough.

Post by billion_fan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:40 am

jimmain wrote:Hi,

I have attached an image of all the rules.
They are the default medium rules, + PPTP + GRE.
firewall.jpg

Your PPTP rule is incorrect, it should look like the attached image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jimmain
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:29 am

Re: 7402X PPTP Passthrough.

Post by jimmain » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:00 am

Magic!
That did the trick, thanks.

art15t
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:59 pm

Re: 7402X PPTP Passthrough.

Post by art15t » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:28 am

Just what I was looking for Thank you!

Post Reply